Frequently Asked Questions
Australia ETA Visa From Singapore
1) What is an Electronic Travel Authority?
An Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) provides authorization for non-Australian citizens to travel to and enter Australia and is electronically linked to your passport. It is for short term stays for either tourism or business visitor activities.
2) What do I need to make an application?
To make an application for an ETA through this website you need your valid passport, email address and a PayPal Account or Credit or Debit card.
3) How do I apply for an ETA online?
To apply for an ETA online,You must be outside Australia and intending to visit for tourism or business visitor activities.
If you do not hold a passport from any of the eligible countries you cannot apply for an ETA online. You might be eligible to apply for other types of visitor visa or directly with an Australian Visa office.
It is important that the details provided for your ETA application are EXACTLY the same as they appear in your passport.
4) How long can I stay In Australia?
The ETA will allow you to stay in Australia for a maximum of three months for each visit.
5) I am planning a holiday for more than three months in Australia. What should I do?
You will need to apply for a visa which allows for a longer stay.
6) What can I do if I am not eligible to apply through this site?
If you are not able to apply for an ETA online using this website, you might be eligible to apply for other types of visitor visa or directly with an Australian consulate.
7) Do age restrictions apply?
No age restriction apply. Eligible passport holders of all ages can apply for an ETA.
8) Can I include my children in the same online ETA application?
No. All family members must make separate ETA applications. Even if your children travel on your passport, they will need an individual ETA application. You can make multiple application under one reference number.
This website can be used to apply for an ETA for all members of your family traveling with you provided they also meet all the online ETA eligibility criteria.
9) How long will my ETA take to process?
Visas are typically processed and approved with confirmations issued within a few minutes. Depending on the time your passport information and application are submitted and which processing service ate chosen, it can take up to, but not exceeding 24 hours.
10) What can I do if I make a mistake in my application?
It is important that you are very careful when you enter your personal details. You will have an opportunity to review all the details you have provided and can change the details at any time until you confirm all details as correct.
If you find out later that you have made a mistake, you will need to make a amendment to your application (we will amend free of service charge).
Note: If your ETA details do not match your passport details you might experience delays when boarding your aircraft or be refused entry into Australia.
11) What happens when applications are not approved?
If your application is not approved you should finalise your application through the nearest Australian visa office.
12) My application for an ETA was unsuccessful, can I get my application fee back?
No, we will not refund your application fee back, in the event of unsuccessful of your application.
13) What if I already hold a current visa for travel to Australia?
If you already hold a current visa for travel to Australia, any ETA granted will not begin until your current visa or ETA expires.
14) Why do I need to indicate if I have had another name?
When traveling to Australia we need to ensure that you have a valid visa.
If you have used a different name on your ETA application to that on your passport, knowing that you have an alias or another spelling of your name will help immigration officials check that you do have a valid visa.
15) Why do I need to indicate that I have a Criminal Conviction?
If you have a criminal conviction and have been sentenced to a term of imprisonment of 12 months or more, you should not be applying for an ETA. You might be eligible to apply for other types of visitor visa.
If you are found to be in breach of any condition, your visa can be cancelled in immigration clearance and you will not be able to enter Australia.
16) What conditions apply to my ETA?
- Visit to Australia must be limited to tourism or business visitor activities
- Valid for multiple visits within 12 months from date of issue
- Maximum length of each visit is three months
- Condition 8115 – Work is not allowed. You can undertake business visitor activities (making business enquiries, contractual negotiations and attending conferences). The following website provides further information of visas of work in Australia
- Condition 8201 – you must not study for more than three months
- Condition 8527 – you must be free from tuberculosis
- Condition 8528 – you must not have any criminal convictions for which you have been sentenced for a total combined period of 12 months or more, whether or not the sentence/s were served.
Important: You might not be permitted to enter Australia unless you are in good health and have no significant criminal convictions. You should note that you must depart Australia before your authorised stay period expires. If you do not, you can be detained and/or removed from Australia. Overstaying might also affect your ability to be granted another Australian visa, including an ETA, in the future. If circumstances arise while you are in Australia that require you to stay longer than the three months permitted by your ETA, you must obtain other visa before the end of the three month stay period.
17) I am an Australian citizen with citizenship with other countries as well. Do I need an ETA to visit Australia?
Australian citizens have an automatic right of entry and do not need a visa or an ETA to enter Australia.
18) Why am I not receiving the email confirmation?
To ensure you receive emails:
- Make sure that the email you use is still valid
- Check your email storage capacity is not full
- Check your email SPAM folder on a regular basis to ensure messages from us have not been incorrectly identified as spam
- Change the email encoding if you received emails which are illegible.